Friday, August 10, 2012

Educational fun, and more pretty jars

Tonight we painted popsicle sticks (it would have been much easier to buy the already colored ones but this was more fun) and once they were dry I wrote down some simple words and math problems. Now every day I have Drew pick two popsicle sticks (there are four words or four math problems on each one) and he writes them out, practices sounding out the words and solves the math problems. We have discovered that he has a real talent (and really likes) math.

I added the odd fun word (like zombie, ninja, booger, snot etc...) to keep him amused and a few encouraging prhases like "you are so smart" and "keep up the good work" and one very special one that says "trip for ice cream".

 
 
Of course I needed something special to put these in. I came across some really fun candlesticks (honestly I wasn't looking for them!!) at the thrift store when I was there looking for jars to use for canning. Beside the candle sticks was a shelf full of rose bowls in various sizes and designs so I sat some different candle sticks on top of them until I found the ones I liked the best. I used the glue gun to put them together....


At first I thought that they would be perfect for candles....


But realized that I would never actually use them since I wanted to put them on the built in bookshelf in the living room.

Instead one holds candy and the other has the popsicle sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment