Monday, August 6, 2012

Tye Dye Cake

For my Dad's birthday me and the kids made him a tye dyed cake. Since we had enough batter for two cakes, we did a test run with a cake for us first. I wish I had gotten a picture of the finished and then cut cake that we gave him, that one looked a lot better lol. Although there is no picture of it, we used chocolate pudding as the icing and covered it in rainbow sprinkles.

Step 1: Make a white cake batter, seperate into bowls and add food coloring.

Step 2: Pour batter in rings starting in the center of the pan, don't worry the batter spreads and fills the whole pan.


I love how bright the colors were in the uncooked batter, however the next time I do this I will add a lot more food coloring because once cooked the colors are very faded.

Step 3: Take a tooth pick and mix the colors together a bit to give it more of a tye dyed effect.

Step 4: Bake your cake, let it cool ice and enjoy!!

This is what the cake looked like out of the oven and cooked. I really really do wish that I had a picture of the iced one.



I got the original idea for the blog from birdonacake.blogspot.ca it is the post from February 15, 2012 I would link directly to it but my computer is having issues at the moment. The desktop is so old that it really should be retired since having multiple pages opens just about crashes it but I figure that since we have the laptop until the desktop dies, no need to replace it lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment