Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Playing with the glue gun

While at Hallmark I saw some cute glasses that they called Hillbilly wine glasses that were really just jars with a handle. While googling them I came across many different pictures, ideas and names for them and discovered that they were easy to make. All you need is a glue gun (although I saw some people used glue made specifically for glass, and no I don't remember the name of that glue since I didn't really pay attention), some candlesticks and jars.

Even though I was intrigued by them I wasn't planning on making any until today when by pure chance while at the thrift store looking for some old Goosebumps books (my kids discovered my sisters old collection of them and have become addicted) I saw three candlesticks and a huge collection of old canning jars.

Not only did I get a lot of the books (for $0.50 each and buy 3 get 1 free) I also managed to make these for under $2.

Before

After

I do have them more spaced out on my desk, I just grouped them together for the picture but they look much nicer than the old plastic basket I was using to hold everything, although I have realized that I am almost out of paper clips lol.

I think that I am going to tint the jars by painting them with a mixture of elmers glue and food coloring so that the pretty designs on the jars are more visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment